Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I'm all ears!

Digging through my drawers of individual stamps, I came across *Roger*, this adorable bunny from Rosie's Roadshow. I have neglected Roger for far too long, so out he came!


Sure, Roger can be an Easter/Spring time bunny, but I prefer him to wear his Psychologist hat and hop in the mail with words of encouragement, or an offering of a shoulder to lean on. The saying "I'm All Ears" really says it all, don't you think?



I stamped Roger twice on white cardstock and colored him with Copic markers. I die cut one of the images with a Nestabilities square. The other I cut out and attached over the first with thin chipboard. Sometimes I like thin chipboard for just a hint of elevation vs foam tape.

I added some green grass and finished the scene with the Copic Airbrush System. (I would be SO totally lost without that airbrush! You can get the system at Eclectic Paperie or at Ellen's Store. Both links are on my sidebar.)



The frame around Roger is created using different size Nestability square dies. Each one is slightly elevated again using thin chipboard.






I attached the sentiment to the frame with a Basic Gray button that is threaded with a thin piece of the green polka dot paper to match the frame. A few rhinestones finished off the corner.



For the base, I did a zig zag stitch around the edge of the matte using green thread that matches the cardstock (Ya, can you believe it? I actually had matching thread in my stash! Who knew!?!?)




Ok, so here's a tip... use transparent thread for your bobbin! That way you can change the color of thread all you want and not have to worry about having a bobbin to match! Cool huh!


Thanks for hopping by! (giggle)
HB


Supplies:
Stamps: Rosie's Roadshow
Paper: Nana's Nursery (DCWV), Certainly Celery (SU!), Neenah
Ink: Palette Noir, Copic Markers, Craft White, Certainly Celery (SU!), Inkssentials opaque white pen, Crystal Stickles
Misc: Word window punch (SU!), Nestabilites, button (Basic Gray), rhinestones (KaiserCraft), tracing wheel, sewing machine

15 comments:

Bevie Pearl said...

I love hopping in to see what you create. OMG....Roger is definitely the kind of bunny I want to talk to.
HB,You amaze me with your details on your cards.
Thanks for the information about the thread. I hate rethreading a bobbin. How did you know?
HUGS

Tami McBeain said...

What a great card, so cute and so many fun details! I didn't even know that there was such a thing as transparent thread, thats the best tip I've heard in a long time!

Amy said...

I love every single, tiny, delicate detail about this card HB! Fabulous!

Shannan Teubner said...

OMG!! This is too cute, and the clear bobbin thread...you are just a GENIUS. Shopping time!

Valerie said...

perfection.

Sue from Oregon said...

cute. cute, cute!

Anonymous said...

HB, this is way too cute! I love the polka dotted frames and the sewing. Thanks for a cool, cool tip!
--Becca

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

This little image is so sweet and your frame of it is just gorgeous!!! Lovely work!!! TFS!!!

Jeanette - said...

I love this card and I especially like the sentiment you chose to put with it. Darling!!! Great tip about the bobbin thread too, thanks!

MichelleY said...

HB....you are SO flippin BRILLIANT! I LOVE this adorable card and I LOVE the clear thread tip. Dang girl....you NEVER cease to AMAZE me!!!

Debbi T said...

You never cease to make my jaw hit the floor, HB - absolute perfection is what you make when you sit down and create!

Love you and am gonna SO MISS your hugs this year! DANG!

Stefanie Staniak said...

This is so cute. The colors are wonderful and boy do I love that paper. Your creations always make me smile.

Vicki Chrisman said...

Oh.. this is darling! the colors, the bun bun.. the scallop, the layers... love it all!

Denise said...

Card is so adorable, love the colors.

Jenn said...

YOU ARE SO SMART!!!! I NEED TO FIND THIS!!!