Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Where flowers bloom...

I am so totally in love with the sentiments in the new Blooming Expressions set by Anna Wight for Whipper Snapper Designs! When I create cards I just have to have a sentiment on the front. Don't know why, just do. Probably why I have drawers full of sentiment stamps! lol Having a whole set of possibilities, all in one tidy CD case, makes my life so much easier!

When I create a card like this one, with a beautiful sentiment on the outside, I leave the inside blank. Then it's ready to grab for any occasion; birthday, get-well, thinking of you, I miss you, just 'cuz, etc.






Ok, so on to the card... I found this gorgeous orange and turquoise paper by AtoZ Essentials and I knew it would be perfect for this darling little poppy! I stamped the flower three times directly on the paper. Then I stamped it 6 more times on white cardstock. I colored the flowers with Copic markers and cut three of them out. I colored just the front petal of the other three and cut the petal out. I then layered them with chipboard pieces.








You can see the varying layers in this picture (and you should be able to click on it to see a larger image. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't).



I *grounded* the flowers with a strip of coordinating orange paper and tied a bow with some beautiful American Crafts ribbon.










Isn't this sentiment beautiful *Where flowers bloom, so does hope*! Anna picked such wonderful words and fonts for this set!




I'm heading out for CHA bright and early tomorrow morning! I LOVE seeing all the new ideas and products! Plus, I'm meeting up with a group of friends from around the country! BONUS! There will be lots of chatting and giggling and ooooo'ing and aaaaah'ing!


I hope you have a fabulous rest of the week! Go stamp something!

See you Monday!

HB

13 comments:

Bevie Pearl said...

I love waking up and seeing an HB card......it starts my day off bright!!! HUGS!!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card. Have fun at the conference for all of us!

Tami McBeain said...

Another great card HB, I love all the dimension of the flowers! Have a great time at CHA!

Pam said...

So sweet HB, love the dimension!!

You be sure and pass out some of your famous hugs to the roadtrip girls for me, K?

DoxieGirl said...

This is just lovely! I love the colors and layout! I think you've sealed the deal for me. I'm placing an order for these babies today! :)
~Kendra

Unknown said...

WOW - this is beautiful. The detail and dimension on the flowers makes them so realistic, I may harvest a few ;)
I love the sentiments with this set, too.

Anonymous said...

lovely!

arlene,
West Bremerton florist

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love the way you make your poppies pop! The color and dimension are great. Thanks for the extra close-ups, because those dots looked white in the first picture on my monitor. Got to see the details!!! Love your ribbon over the orange.

Stefanie Staniak said...

Gorgeous, Absolutely Gorgeous !! Every detail just screams HBlicious!! 14 more hours and I get a hug !! :)

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

HOLY MOLY! This is BEAUTIFUL! I love love love the colors! WOW!

kathleenh said...

Beautiful card HB! I love the layered flowers!

Joanne said...

Really nice! I love those flowers...

Sharon in NE said...

I love this!!