Saturday, July 5, 2008

I wish for you...


Do you ever start your card making process with an idea in mind and when you're done, you've gone in a different direction? Without even realizing it?


As I sat down to play today, I had Taylor's sketch in hand (TECC23). It's a fabulous sketch and I knew just what I wanted to do. I bought these adorable orange glitter dots a while ago and said to myself "ooooo', these will be PERFECT for that sketch!".







HA! Not so much. I didn't like the dots by themselves so I started looking for a flower stamp that was big enough for them to be the center. I spied my Cuttlebug dies and knew instantly that the big flower die with the flower from Green Thumb (Papertrey Ink) would be perfect. I stamped the flower in Soft Sky to match the paper I choose, then added Ranger Matte Accents to give it *pop*.



Ok, so now I have the paper and the flowers (which represent the 3 circles on the sketch) but what am I going to do for a sentiment? So off I went to dig in my sentiment drawer and found this oldie but goodie. After many layers (there are 6 layers on this card! LOL!) and an added butterfly touch, it was done.







But you know what? It doesn't look like the sketch! Oh sure, the 3 elements are there, but you have to admit I took quite a bit of creative license with this. lol




All the same, I'm happy with it and I'll pop it in the mail on Monday to someone who could use a hug. That's really the best part of card making... being able to make something from the heart, fill it with hugs and mail it to someone who isn't expecting it.


Hope you're enjoying your long weekend!

HB


Supplies
Stamps: The Stamp Barn, Papertrey Ink, Whipper Snapper (Posies for You by Anna Wight) Paper: AtoZ Essentials, SU! Ink: CTMH, SU!, Copic markers Misc: Glitter Dots (Jesse James Co.), Cuttlebug, Inkssentials opaque white pen, Ranger Matte Accents

10 comments:

Shannan Teubner said...

Oohh, HB I love this!! Love your dots as flower centers!

Vicki Chrisman said...

Totally adorable Card HB! I love your take on Taylors sketch!

Gail S. said...

You did such a wonderful job on this card! I love the flowers. Someone is going to enjoy opening their mail when you send them this.

Joy said...

HB, I loooooove loooooove looooooove this card!!!! Love your take on Taylor's Challenge!

Linda said...

Creative license is good. Great card!

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

FUN-tastic!!!!! I love it- your colors, the glittery dots, everything!

Taylor said...

This is sooo cute, HB! I love those glittery flower centers... such a perfect layout for that long sentiment stamp too!

wendyp said...

I do that all the time, lol! This is awesome!!!

ohradiogirl said...

I like the sketch and your take on it is awfully nice. TFS!

kathleenh said...

Gorgeous card Carol! I love the colors and the sparkly center of the flowers.