Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th!

First off... on this beautiful, sunny July 4th, I want to take a minute to say Thank You! to our troops who are fighting so hard to safeguard our freedom, and to their families who aren't able celebrate this holiday with them. What a sacrifice! What a GIFT!



I chose this adorable penguin as the center image of my card because he just looks like he'd be bouncin' around the pool, serving up cold Margis! lol






The stars are embossed with white detail embossing powder, as is the word *happy*.
I created the blue and white star on the computer as I didn't have a stamp large enough.



Instead of tying ribbon or string through the buttons, I used teeny tiny strips of paper and attached them to the card with glue dots.







My dear sweet husband says this card is just waaaay to busy. I think it's fun. What does he know anyway. LOL!





I hope you have a wonderful and safe holiday weekend!
HB


Supplies
Stamps: Art Gone Wild, Karen Foster snap stamps, Paper Inspirations Paper: My Minds Eye, Real Red, Night of Navy, Whisper White (SU!) Ink: Copic markers, Black Soot and Embossing Ink (Distress Inks) Misc: Nestabilites, white embossing powder, buttons, piercing tool



5 comments:

Stefanie Staniak said...

You tell your hubby that he doesn't know what busy is !! LOL !! I love your card and every single detail! :)

Bevie Pearl said...

What time is Happy Hour? I love this card and the details you added to make it super fine.

Joy said...

Sooooooo cute HB! I actually pulled this paper out this morning, too!

Jenn said...

ACK!! Love this!! Especially the buttons!

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

HB - your hubby is great - but he doesn't know busy! LOVE this! It is so fun and makes me feel like celebrating!