Sunday, July 13, 2008

We're Blooming!

I am SO excited! Today is THE day! I've been keeping a secret for a while now, and today is the day I get to share... spill the beans... open the vault... SHOUT OUT LOUD!


So, ya'll know how much I love Whipper Snapper Designs right? I mean really, you'd have to be a brand new visitor here to not know! lol Well, a few weeks ago I received an email from the fabulous Anna Wight (SweetMissDaisy) asking if I'd like to be one of the featured designers for her July/August release of the new unmounted sets she has designed for Whipper Snapper Designs!

OMGOSH! I'm sure they heard me squeal in Wisconsin!

And you know what the best part is? The July sets are titled *Blossoms & Butterflies* and *Blooming Expressions*! Is that me or what?!?!
So... without further ado, here is my first creation:





Anna took the flowers in this set (these adorable bells are just one of SEVEN different flowers) to a whole new level!



The sentiment, from the Blooming Expressions set, is one of 18! The little butterflies are also part of the Blossoms & Butterflies set. There are 6 different ones in the set, each one facing a different direction! I could create a different card from just these two sets every day for months! Actually, I've made quite a few already and I'll share them over the next few weeks! :)



Anna has links to each of the new featured designers over on her blog Sassy & Sweet. I am SO excited to see what every one has created!

It's a happy day here on Happiness Blooms!

HB


Supplies
Stamps: Anna Wight for Whipper Snapper Designs
Paper: Blashful Blue and Whisper White (SU!)
Ink: Black Soot (Tim Holtz Distress Ink), Copic Markers, Ranger Inkssentials opaque white pen, stardust pen (Gelly Roll)
Misc: Wizard tag dies, Copic Airbrush System, May Arts ribbon, tracing wheel

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! I love all the sentiments! Anna is so talented!

Bevie Pearl said...

Congratulations!!! Cheering here in Illinois for you!!!
I love the card you made. Love the cut out flowers and the pretty butterflies!!!
You go girl!!

Doris said...

If this is your first, I can't wait to see the rest!!!

Kendra said...

Wooohooo HB! I am so happy for you! You are so incredibly talented and deserve this so much. Congrats girl ~ it's just the beginning. Your card is simply gorgeous ~ can't wait to see more.

Lila H said...

Beautiful!!! I love your sample and especially Anna's new sets!!!

Beth said...

YAY HB! I am so excited for you! Cannot wait to give you MONDO hugs in ONE MONTH!

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

HOLAY MOLAY Girl!! This is a STUNNER!! And like Doris said, if this is your first card with the sets, WOW I can't WAIT to see what else you've dreamed up! Brilliant!! LOVE it!!

Debbi T said...

To me - you are a PERFECT CHOICE for representing Anna's designs - it's like she designed them JUST FOR YOU, HB!

Congrats and HUGE HUGE SQUEALY HUGS!

(I heard ya squeal all the way up here! *wink*)

Trudee said...

WOW!! that is one awesome design!! STUNNING!!!

Valerie said...

I'm happy here, too, on Happiness Blooms! I can't wait to see the presents you have in store for us!
I LOVE your work, you know that!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your design gig!!! Your card is lovely; all the tiny eye-catching without being overwhelming details are so perfect.

Pam said...

HB, this is just beautiful!! I can't wait to see more!!!!! YIPPEE!!!

Shannan Teubner said...

WOWEE!! Congrats, girl! Love this!

Anonymous said...

Hi HB!!!!!! It's an exciting day and I love what you did! Love the way you cut out the top of the flowers and the butterflies holding the sentiment banner are so cute!


-Jami

Anonymous said...

Way to goooooo!! I'm speechless, your cards are soooo awesome. I can't wait to see what you've got cooked up to show from Whipper Snapper.
--Becca

Anonymous said...

Lovely card!!! I like how you lined the flowers up and created a scallop at the same time - beautiful!!

Sharon in NE said...

Well I don't know about Wisconsin, but I'm sure glad I heard you down here in Nebraska. You are very talented and I'm so glad I found you as a result of this honor bestowed on you. A well deserved honor I see.

Tami McBeain said...

SHUT UP! Congratulations HB, I am sooo happy for you! You'll do a wonderful job representing Anna's stamps, I love your design style and everything you do!

Mauna said...

Congrats! You desirve it! Your card is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is so cute and so very creative! Love how you made these flowers into a scalloped border. Way too much fun!

Anonymous said...

This card couldn't get any more beautiful!!! I'm bouncin' inside for you sweetie :)

kathleenh said...

Congratulations Carol! I'm so happy for you!!!

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

HB - CONGRATULATIONS, babe! I'm a little behind on my news - lol! You are THEEEE PERFECT CHOICE!!!! This card is beautiful - just like you!

Sharon in NE said...

I know you already have 23 comments and you don't need any more accolades, but I just have to say, OH MY GOSH, this is beautiful.