Saturday, July 26, 2008

With Gratitude

There are so many sources of inspiration for this card. It started out with a challenge issued by my friend Bevie Pearl. She said "use your Scor-Pal in honor of how hard our friend, Val worked in the Scor-Pal booth at CHA." So, I started with a 4.5 inch square of Neenah white and embossed a line every 3/4 inch to create a grid. It looked kinda like a quilt!

I don't have the new Papertrey Ink Quilter's Sampler set (yet!), so instead I used the flowers from Piece of Cake and stamped them in 4 different colors in the boxes. I then used Antique Linen Distress Ink and the blender tool to smoodge color all over and make the grid lines pop.




Needing some depth, I stamped the larger flower in the set on scrap cardstock in 3 colors, cut them out and then popped them on a larger flower using a small piece of a 3D glue dot.


I just love how this turned out. Doesn't it look like a quilt? Kinda?

Thanks for stopping by!
HB


Supplies
Stamps: Piece of Cake, Beautiful Blooms (Papertrey Ink)
Paper: SU!, Neenah, Basic Grey
Ink: SU!
Misc: Scor-Pal, flower punch (SU!), Rhinestones (KaiserCraft), chipboard and ribbon (from my stash, unsure of manufacturer)

8 comments:

Valerie said...

Well aren't you inventive! LOVE this wonderful, homey card! And your grids, well, just fabulous!

Bevie Pearl said...

Applauding your card. It is wonderful.

Shannan Teubner said...

This is totally beautiful! I love every little thing!

Michele Kovack said...

This is soooooo pretty!!!

Anonymous said...

Simply adorable, and I love the colors!
--Becca

Joy said...

HB, this is so pretty. You amaze me!

Stefanie Staniak said...

Beautiful card. Warm and cozy looking just like you !! :)

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

A large, square format has always been a favorite of mine -- this is just wonderfully delightful!!! TFS!!!