Thursday, July 3, 2008

Green, Orange and Brown?

Ok, I know it's 4th of July weekend and I should be using Red, White and Blue. But hey, it's only July 3rd, so maybe tomorrow. ;o)

This layout came via SCS sketch challenge #181, which was inspired by the amazing Kristina Werner (Starofmay on SCS). I love LOVE it's clean lines.




And yes... I'm still using the same Crate paper. LOL


I recently bought some Heidi Swapp ghost shapes (the flower) and decided it was time I actually used something when I bought it, instead of letting it sit there for months until I finally gave in. I stamped a swirl stamp on the paper, traced the flower shape with a pencil and trimmed it out. I used a large brad to hook the two together. The ribbon wraps around the layer, comes up through the brad and ties.


The sentiment *Plant a seed of friendships; reap a bouquet of happiness.* is from the Friends Centers set by CHF (Mona Lisa Moments). Have I told you how much I love that set? No?

It's a beautiful Thursday (ha, I almost typed Friday) night here in central MN, so I'm going to go enjoy it.
See you tomorrow. I'll see if I can find some Red, White and Blue!
HB


Supplies
Stamps: Cornish Heritage Farms, Hot off the Press Ink: Burnt Umber (Palette) Paper: Crush Collection (Crate), Neenah Misc: Ghost Shapes (Heidi Swapp), large eyelet (?), ribbon (Crate)

3 comments:

Bevie Pearl said...

HB.....what a lovely card.

Lori Craig said...

Gorgeous... love this! The colors are great! The layout perfect! :)

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

OMW - what you did with the Heidi Swapp flower - OMW! LOVE this!