Sunday, July 27, 2008

Taylor's box

When I was at CHA (Craft & Hobby Association) I had a chance to chat with the awesome, awe-inspiring Taylor. Before we went our seperate ways, she handed me a goodie bag filled with die cuts and delicious ribbons! I was so dang excited!

This morning, I hopped over to SCS to see what all these DD challenges are about and Taylor is hosting a cupcake challenge! Well, cupcakes and boxes go together, right!?!




I used a notecard box that had an oval cut-out in the cover. I covered it with pretty WeR paper and then stamped the sides and the bottom of the box with polka dots using white craft ink.

I wanted to keep the oval as a see-through, and vellum was too flimsy and I don't have any sturdy acetate. Bummer. Then I spied my package of quilt blanks. Ah HA! Perfect!


Quilt blanks are used by quilters who want to make their own templates. I picked up a package a long time ago because they work perfect to make additional sheets for my stamp positioner.

I used the large scallop oval Nestability (the plastic is thick though, so I had to use my scissors to finish the cut, but this was easy peasy) because it fit perfectly over the cut out. The plastic is lightly frosted and didn't show up so well over the floral paper, so I used a mask for the center of the oval and sprayed the edges with my Copic Airbrush System and YR21 (cream) and YR24 (pale sepia). I attached the scallop oval (after putting the cupcakes on) using just a couple drops of Ranger Matte Accents.





The cupcakes are glitterfied and attached to the scallop oval with tape (the center one is attached with foam tape for a little dimension). A little red gem finished them off nicely.







Now, what to do for the *inside* of the box? I don't have any envelopes to fit this size (which I use alot, so I don't know why I don't have any), so instead I made a stack of simple, lined pages.
You know, the kind you want to have handy 'cuz you don't want to write on the actual card 'cuz if you mess up, you can't fix it? (yes, I do this!!!)

I used the Lined Paper backgrounder by CHF for the lines and added a strip of the floral paper to match the box top. I think I'll make a box of assorted cards to match these note sheets. It'll be a perfect little gift!

I better go check out Taylor's store and see if she has the size box I need!



Thanks for stopping by!
HB

Supplies:

Stamps: Hey There Cupcake (Stampendous), Bold Patterns (Hot off the Press), Lined Paper (Cornish Heritage Farms)
Paper: White Out Collection (We R Memory Keepers), GP white
Ink: Palette Noir, Copic Markers, Craft White, Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink (SU!)
Misc: Box from Taylored Expressions, Nestabilities, Copic Airbrush System, quilt blank, red gemstone and glitter (?)

3 comments:

Joy said...

*THUD* WOWIE WOW! I looooooooooove this HB!

Donna Baker said...

this is SO cute! love it - tfs!

MichelleY said...

Dang....this is AWESOME! HB...I love you ingenuity with the blank quilters thingy. It's perfect! I think its time for you to be a dirty girl. Hey Julie.......