Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Back to work...

ok, so I really mean back to fun! It's been 10 days since I've put rubber to ink, and I am beginning to have issues! LOL


I decided to make my own background paper using the fern stamps in the Blossoms & Butterflies set (Anna Wight for Whipper Snapper Designs). Starting with a piece of ivory cardstock, I stamped the solid fern randomly with light green ink. I then went over the entire piece with the outline fern stamp with black ink and then colored each leaf in with a Copic marker. Wanting just a tich more texture, I ran the piece through my Cuttlebug using a Fiskars diamond texture plate. Finally, I ran an Antique Linen Distress Ink pad over the whole thing, and added a zig zag stitch around the edge.




Here is a closer look:

The cone flowers (I *heart* cone flowers!) are just the perfect size for coloring and shading! I stamped them on white cardstock for the main image and then stamped them again on a scrap piece. After coloring both (you can't let the underlying image be nekkid!) I cut out the flowers on the scrap piece and attached them with foam tape.
The sentiment, from the Blooming Expressions set, is stamped with Palette Noir ink. I used a Copic multiliner pen to draw the doodle line around the edge.

Ok, I'm off to play some more.
Thanks for stopping by!
HB












7 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH - this is too too too stinkin' adorable!!!!! Love it!!!

-Jami

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

Brilliant! =)

Stefanie Staniak said...

Stunning in that beautiful HB fashion!!

Bevie Pearl said...

OMG.....This card is gorgeous. It is one of my favorite flowers,too.

Joy said...

Another gorgeous piece of work! :)

Valerie said...

Holy SMOKES, HB! Wonderful, just wonderful!

Debbi T said...

LOVE this, HB!
Your coloring is impeccable......