Friday, August 1, 2008

Soft Silhouette

Last weekend there were all kinds of challenges happening over on Splitcoaststampers for the Dare to Get Dirty party (I LOVE a good party!). My life is too crazy right now to try all of them, but they were all fabulous and I have definitely noted them in my Sketch & Inspiration book.


The thing I love most about challenges, whether from SCS or from individual blogs (Taylor's Cupcake Challenge is one of my very favorites... and hey, it's today!) is that they surface styles and techniques that I forget about. I get lost in all the pretty papers and baubles sometimes. lol

For this card, I combined two of the Dare to Get Dirty challenges. The first *Silhouettes* by Joan Ervin. I totally forgot how much I love the simple, yet elegant presentation a Silhouette gives.

The layout is from the challenge issued by Toy. Totally perfect for a silhouette image don't you think?





I used Neenah Classic Natural White for the base and the oval. I stamped the image (Inkadinkadoo) in Grey Wool (CTMH) and then stamped it again on Grey Wool cardstock. This cardstock has a white core, so after I cut out the two birds, I sanded them with an emory board to add just a tich of texture.


I also cut the scallop oval from the Gray Wool cardstock, and then using my Copic Airbrush System, I sprayed T5 (Toner Gray) around the edges to deepen the color. The designer paper is from the Carbon collection (SU!).





The Basic Gray ribbon (SU!) with three little pearls (Hero Arts) added the finishing touch.

So, if your mojo has gone missing (ya, mine got left at my friend Bevie Pearl's house in Chicago!), go find yourself a challenge. I guarantee it will get those creative juices flowing again!

HB

No comments: