Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Rustic Branches in the Spring

This is my first scallop card! I KNOW! I can't believe I haven't made any of these... I see them all over blogland! Let me tell ya, it won't be my last! It's the perfect size for a little notecard to tell someone you are thinking of them, or to thank them for doing something special!

This is the third season/holiday card I've made using Rustic Branches, the set my friend Pine designed for Papertrey Ink. (you can find Fall here and Christmas here)
I adore this set! (and no, I'm not saying that cuz she's my friend and I adore her. lol! I'm SERIOUS!)






I started by making the scallop face of the card with Bo Bunny paper. It's a heavier weight, almost like cardstock. I know many make the base of the card using the scallop Nestability (you can find these at my dear friend Ellen's store), but I decided to make the base of the card in white, using the large circle Nestability and attaching the scallop to it.



I then used a smaller Nestability to make the inner circle. I embossed this one to give it a "frame", and then sanded the edges to have the white core of the cardstock come through.


I stamped the wreath on white cardstock and then cut it out using a smaller circle. I use Eclipse tape to hold the die in place while running it through my Cuttlebug. It is THE most amazing masking tape ever and because it's removable, it is perfect for holding things temporarily in place. You can find it at Eclectic Paperie (I love that place!).




I punched the little flowers out of the same Bo Bunny cardstock and used a teeny tiny drop of Liquid Pearls for the centers. The center flower (from Beautiful Blooms set by Papertrey Ink) is stamped in black and colored with Copic markers. The center is also Liquid Pearls topped with fine glitter.

I added a couple ribbons, stamped the sentiment on a little jewelers tag, and waLA! Cuteness!

Now... I need to think about what to create for a summer theme using this set! ;o)

Hope your day is FILLED with sunshine!

HB

Supplies
Stamps: Rustic Branches, Beautiful Blooms, Mixed Messages (Papertrey Ink)
Paper: Bo Bunny, Neenah
Ink: Black Soot Distress Ink, Copic markers
Misc: Nestabilites, flower punch (Michael's), Liquid Pearls, Eclipse tape, glitter (Stampendous), ribbon (May Arts, Target), jewelers tag (Office Depot)

17 comments:

Stefanie Staniak said...

HB, this card is beautiful !! Again I have to say that Pine must burst with pride when she see's each of your creations. Beautiful, just like you ! :)

Debbie Olson said...

What a beautiful job with Pine's Set! It hadn't occurred to me to add flowers--it's a perfect touch!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Your card is stunning, all your work is stunning!!
Hello from another MN girl!! :)

Bevie Pearl said...

HB, Your card is just gorgeous. I just love coming to your blog and seeing what you create. I appreciate how you take the time to show close ups of your details, too. Wow!!

Juliana said...

WOW!
Lovely card--I really like the shape AND th colors!!

Great design--and so wonderfully done!

Anonymous said...

This card is adorable, HB! I just recently subscribed to your blog, and it hasn't disappointed me yet.

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a great job you did on this card. I love it!!!! who will be the lucky person to receive it?? LOL! TFS!
~Heidi

MichelleY said...

Your creativity NEVER fails to AMAZE me! I only saw fall and winter/Christmas themed cards for this set. Thanks for opening my eyes to how PERFECT it is for spring and summer as well!

Vicki Chrisman said...

Oh my goodness..that card is ADORABLE!!!

ps. I gave you an award on my blog

Jenn said...

Gorgeous!! Love it!! You are one smart cookie about the eclipse tape!!! Miss you!

Jenny Mick said...

Super Super cute card! I love the bright springy colors!!

Anthonette said...

Gorgeous! Love your use of Pine's new set.

Lori Craig said...

Beautiful - I might have to try that scalloped circle card! LOVE your wreath - hugs!

Anonymous said...

I just found your site and I love the cards you make! I will def be back!

Anonymous said...

Your card is just wonderful.

Sarah/WAstamper said...

This is beautiful! Thanks for the great idea!

Cindy Lyles said...

This is absolutely beautiful HB!!! I need to go buy Pine's set now!!!