Thursday, August 21, 2008

Favorite treats

I was at the grocery store the other day, looking for something fun to put into some adorable Martha Stewart treat bags I had gotten. And there they were!!! SIXLETS!

As a kid, when I'd come home from trick or treating I'd dump my bag of goodies on the kitchen table and start to pick out what was *mine* and what I'd share! The first thing to go into the *mine* pile was Sixlets! OMGosh, these were my absolute favorite!




The new Anna Wight for Whipper Snapper Designs sets, Spooky Expressions and Hocus Pocus, were perfect for these treat bags. They come with the window, so all I had to do was create a frame using an oval scallop Nestability. I stamped the star from Hocus Pocus with white craft ink all over the bag, added the tag and filled it up with Sixlets.



I stamped the cat (doesn't he just look like he's looking for trouble?) with Black Soot Distress Ink and then covered him in Stardust Stickles. Makes him look a little less ominous, don't you think?


The witches hat on the matching card is mounted on a metal edge tag that I edged with a black Gelly Roll pen. I hung the tag from a button covered in a circle of matching cardstock.

The ribbon is attached to the card with a random sewn stitch (ala my friend Mishie).

I gotta confess. ALL of the Sixlets didn't make it into the treat bag. LOL!

HB


Supplies
Stamps: Hocus Pocus, Spooky Expressions (Anna Wight for Whipper Snapper Designs)
Paper: Crate, CTMH, Neenah, SU!, Bo Bunny
Ink: Black Soot Distress Ink, craft white (SU!), Copic markers,
Misc: Nestabilities, treat bag (Martha Stewart), ribbon (American Crafts), Stardust Stickles, word window punch (SU!), brads (MM), rhinestones (KaiserCraft), buttons, embroidery floss



10 comments:

Bevie Pearl said...

What fun you are having with your new stamps!!! I love it! I could just see you sorting your candy. Let's go Trick or Treating this year. I need some candy. :)

Joy said...

HB, you are seriously AMAZING!!!! You are knocking my socks off with your creations! (I miss you!)

Stefanie Staniak said...

How cute these are! Love your work and the sixlets story it too funny - brings back some memories! :)

Pam said...

Darling little bag and tag HB!! I didn't remember the name of those, but I sure liked 'em!!

Jenn said...

Would ya stop with all the Halloween stuff!! You know I can't control myself!!

Anonymous said...

So adorable!!
--Becca

Vicki Chrisman said...

Super CUTE !!

Lana said...

So SWEET HB! I love sizzlets

Catherine said...

oh no...i'm in trouble =)

reeree62 said...

Sooo cute! And... I have loved sixlets since I was a kid! ;o)