Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sending Warm Wishes

This card must makes me smile. You cannot look at the face on this little gingerbread man and not! He's from the Gingerbread Fun set (Our Craft Lounge).

I stamped him on cream cardstock (Neenah), colored him with Copic markers and cut him out. I did the same with his little outfit. Wanting to give his tie a little texture, I covered it with Distress Crackle Paint - Clear Rock Candy (this stuff is sooo cool!) After his outfit was attached with glue (so much easier to use glue for this because you can move the pieces around a bit to position them perfectly - can't do that with tape), I attached him to a cream panel that I cut out with a Labels One die (Nestabilities) that is matted in green (hand trimmed). As a final touch, I sprayed it with Glimmer Mist for a little shimmer.

The stamp for the tag is from Tweet Winter Wishes (OCL). The stamp actually states "Sending warm winter wishes", but I masked off the word winter so it just says "Sending warm wishes". Get it.... gingerbread = warm, yummy, goodness? lol

The papers are all from the Graphic 45 Christmas Past Collection. It's not really a red, more like a rusty red and matches perfectly with Dusty Durango (SU!). Spring Moss (PTI) cardstock is used for matting the center panel along with his collar and tie. The ribbon is also Spring Moss (PTI).

The sun is shining beautifully in MN today! I hope it's shining on you too!
HB

2 comments:

Chris M. said...

Adorable!!!! Just love it!!!!

Debbie Corbari said...

Carol...this is ADORABLE! You have a KNACK for always making me SMILE! I just love ya!