Sunday, November 15, 2009

Happy HOLLYdays

Each year we have a holiday lunch for our teams at work. Since I joined the department I've made a "little something" for a table favor. This year it's the adorable little matchbook candy holder that was featured on SCS.

I used Holiday Button Bits (Papertrey Ink). However, since I was making 40 of them, I opted to not use buttons (sewing 120 buttons was a bit mutch. lol)


Instead I used 3 glue dots covered with red glitter. Soooo much easier! :o)


I stamped the holly leaves on cream cardstock and then trimmed it down (using a square template) so that the edges of the leaves hung over the edges.
The inside will hold a Ghiradelli chocolate and a computer generated note from the management team.
Did you play in the Our Craft Lounge scavenger hunt? There are awesome prizes and I can't wait to hear who won!
HB

4 comments:

Bevie Pearl said...

What a delicious treat for an adorable matchbox. Your team is going to love it. TFS

Moriah said...

how wonderful! you've inspired me yet again. keep up the great work!

Terri said...

So cute! Thanks for the awesome idea to use the glue dots for glitter! I had a great time at Archiver's Saturday with all of you.

Unknown said...

I love these matchbook candy holders. So sweet!