Sunday, October 4, 2009

WCMD!

What a FUN day yesterday was! I was able to sit at my table and play the day away!

The first challenge I did was the Nichole Heady's challenge. I was intrigued by her "trip around the world". Talk about a challenge!

This card is Japanese inspired. I used Out on a Limb for my blossom tree, stamping the blossoms with Fresh Snow ink (PTI) and then embossing with white EP. I used a pink (R30) Copic maker for the center.

When I googled Japanese art, I found a site that showed pictures Japanese birds. I stamped the little bird from Bird Watching in a light blue to represent a Blue Rock Thrush.

I finished it off with a sheer pink ribbon and a tag with a little blossom stamped in pink and Life stamped in red.

A simple layout, just using pink and red cardstock. (and look... not a piece of pattern paper in sight! lol).

I'm hoping to finish up the rest of my challenges tomorrow. Today was cooking day (a stockpot of soup and a yummy pork roast for meals this week)!

Thanks for stopping by!
HB

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, gorgeous card! Love the look of the white embossed flowers on white. Simple & elegant!

Bevie Pearl said...

HB, This card is gorgeous. It is absolutely gorgeous!