Sunday, May 25, 2008

Taylor's Cupcake Challenge

I love long weekends! Especially ones where we don't have to go anywhere!

I got all the wedding invitations done and a good start on the wedding favors, so as a reward I decided to take a break and stamp something. Since my brain is on wedding, and it would take FOREVER to find a creative brain cell I headed over to Taylor's blog to see what her Cupcake Challenge is for this week. I love when these creative genius' do the thinking for me! lol



I found this paper by Adornit.com at the LSS and it is so fun with all kinds of words and sayings all over it. The flower image is stamped and colored with Copic markers. I paper pieced the vase using Barely Banana cardstock that I stamped with polka dots in white craft ink.

It needed something around the outside (I am SO spoiled using the Nestabilities that I can't handle a plain edge any more!), so I used my Scor-Pal to make a perfectly straight embossed edge and then layered it on the rose cardstock. (Eclectic Paperie carries Scor-Pals. I would be LOST without it!)

The little flowers are punched out of rose cardstock and I added the polka dots with an Inkssentials opaque white pen (LOVE that thing!).



The center flower in the vase is also paper pierced. I used the same rose cardstock, covered it with Glossy Accents and sprinkled a tich of glitter on it before it dried. Yellow bling finished it just nicely.



The sentiment ribbon is a strip of rose cardstock that I scored twice at each end. I love 3-D embellishments, don't you?

This sketch is already in my sketch book! Thanks Taylor!!!

HB

Supplies

Stamps: Hero Arts, Savvy Stamps, Hot Off The Press Paper: Adornit.com, Papertrey Ink, CTMH, (the green is from my scrap bin, and I don't remember the manufacturer) Ink: Palette Noir, SU! (craft white), Copic markers, Inkssentials opaque pen Misc: Scor-Pal, small flower punch, circle punch, white EP, glitter, KaiserCraft (gem)

13 comments:

Shannan Teubner said...

Totally adorable! You rock, girlfriend!

Taylor said...

So cute, HB! I love how you did your sentiment! Thanks for playing the challenge!

MichelleY said...

I LOVE this card, HB!!! The 3-D banner is rockin cool as well as the bling on the flower. You are AMAZING!

Amy Rohl said...

Hi Carol!

Thanks for you nice comment over at SCS this morning, and you couldn't be more right about our great minds thinking alike this morning!

I'm so glad you commented bc I finally found your blog again...I think I'd gotten to it by way of Pinefeather/Heather Nichols blog at one time.

Your card today and in previous posts are just m*wah-wonderful!

Have a wonderful day!
Hey--I'm just across the border in WI...how central are you in MN?!

Amy

Stefanie Staniak said...

Cute card - I love oogling at Talyor's blog too! I just love all the details that you put into your creations. You are my hero !! :)

Bevie Pearl said...

I love the polka dots flowers with the brads. You are amazing. Always handing out eye candy!!

Michele Kovack said...

This is so darn cute!!! Love the dimensional sentiment!

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

G-G-G-G-G-Gorgeous!

wendyp said...

This is adorable! Love how you created the banner sentiment!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Awesome card! Love the flower image... the colors... Congratulations on being the next Featured Cupcake sampler. :o)

Anthonette said...

Your card last week was gorgeous! Congrats on being picked the featured cupcake stamper this week.

MaGoooo said...

CUTE!!! LOVE the card Sweetie!

Beth M said...

Adorable! I love the colors and the little bit of sparkle!