Monday, May 19, 2008

May the Lord Bless You...

One of my very favorite tools are the Nestabilities. I love the finished look I get with the embossed edge. Plain cardstock with a matte just looks so blaaaah now. lol


I recently purchased the ovals and am so in love with them! They create such an elegant image on my cards. This simple *thinking of you* card was created totally by fluke. I was cutting some ovals for another project and realized that the scraps looked like a fame. So, using a larger die, I cut a piece of cardstock the size I needed for my card, used some Eclipse tape (awesome awesome stuff!) to hold the die in place and ran it through my Cuttlebug. I then cut a smaller oval, and leaving the die in place, used my Copic Airbrush System to spray E31 Brick Beige lightly around the outside. Keeping the die in place allows me to add a light spray of color to the outside of the oval, but not on the embossed edge!

The center oval is then popped up with foam tape. The Copic Airbrush System and the Eclipse tape are available at Eclectic Paperie and Ellen's store. I bought my Nestabilities from the fabulous Ms. Ellen!

So, the lesson learned here is... pay attention to your scraps! LOL

Hope you have a day filled with sunshine!
HB

Supplies:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink
Paper: Papertrey Ink
Ink: Papertrey Ink, Copic markers
Misc: Nestabilities, Copic Airbrush System, foam tape

10 comments:

Bevie Pearl said...

HI HB.......Loverly card for today. I love it when you stamp.
Will you come to my house and airbrush me? I need a new look!!
Seriuosly, I love your airbrushing on your cards.

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

Oh HB - I love that this card came about "by accident"! fantastic! Your touch is ELEGANCE!

Stefanie Staniak said...

This card is beautiful !! I'm so jealous of you with your airbrushing tools!! One of these days I'm going to get them too and then watch out baby!! The Air Brushing Queen will have a Princess right behind her !! :)

Anonymous said...

I love this look! Beautiful card.

Valerie said...

HB, this is GORGEOUS! I love when you stamp!

Vicki Chrisman said...

HB.. that card is just so elegant!

MichelleY said...

Oh HB....this is so elegant and sophisticated! I simply ADORE your stamping.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea, You card looks so beautiful. Love those Nestabilities!

rose said...

oh my love this card so elegant and loving the color

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card!! very nice!!

MJ