Friday, May 2, 2008

LOVE my tools!

OK, so by now (if you've been taking the time to read what I write anyway. lol) you know that I LOVE my Copic Airbrush System and my little air compressor, right? So last night, I'm putting together some simple layout cards - trying to fill up the stash. I am not very good at pulling all the things together that match BEFORE I start to create. I'm more of a *create as I go* kinda girl. I have this card all put together, but it's missing something. It's simple, but not balanced. That big 'ol right side is toooo empty. I could put a ribbon there, but I always do that. I grab my button box, nothing matches. Does me no good to put a punch and sentiment there, because I put it on the image.




aaaaHA I say! Make my own button! With a Cuttlebug die! With FELT! (can you see my little brain just a turning?) Of course, the only felt colors I have are brown, deep red, light baby blue and white. Blue doesn't match, brown and red... no way. So, I use the 2nd smallest flower die and cut a white one, spray it with B00 Frost Blue and there you go! A matching button, that is soft and textured! (I love felt) The ink gives the felt a little stiffness, so I could punch a couple holes with my long reach punch and tread a piece of ribbon.

Oh how I love my tools! ÜHBSupplies:Stamps: Inkadinkadoo, Papertrey InkPaper: Imaginesce, SU! (barely banana, so saffron), Papertrey Ink (white)Ink: Palette Noir, Copic markers, Copic multiliner penMisc: Cuttlebug, Copic airbrush system, ribbon

8 comments:

Shannan Teubner said...

This is just fabulous!!

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

FANTASTIC! Beautiful! I have cut felt with my dies - but find it can be tough to get a good cut. LOVE THIS!

Stefanie Staniak said...

I bet that you could frame every card in your stash because they are all beautiful !! Love the felt button ! :)

Vicki Chrisman said...

So Sweet! Your attention to detail is always the perfect touch.

Charmingdesigns said...

I'll go back and read some more of your blog, but in case I cant find it...what compressor did you end up getting...I have a spellbinder wizard, where do I get the flower dye?? Love it!! I've been looking for an excuse to get a compressor!!Oh Im just so excited, I've been hand cutting my felt...this would be sooo much faster!! Laurie I would love for you to email me. lm.sm@comcast.net

Memories of Time said...

BRILLIANT.... BRILLIANT I say! Hey... HB, I got my "DAWG" yesterday... can you come over and show me how to hook em up? PLEASE????

Maureen said...

What a great idea coloring the little felt flower!! I am so trying that!!

Beth M said...

I have been using my dies with felt but I love the idea of coloring white felt to match! Now I must get the airbrush system!!!