Monday, September 14, 2009

Warm Wishes Teubner style

The Featured Stamper over on SCS this week is the amazing Shannan Teubner. I've adored Shannan's creations for a long time, so I just had to make time to play! You can see Shannan's creation that I chose HERE.



I used Tweet Winter Wishes (Our Craft Lounge) for my image and sentiment. The snowman is stamped in Tuxedo Black (Memento) and colored with Copic markers. The hat, the little bird at the bottom and the bow are each stamped a second time, cut out and attached for dimension. The snowflakes on the main image and the sentiment circle are stamped in Aspen Mist (VersaMagic). I outlined them with my Quickie Glue Pen and then sprinkled on the Cosmo Crystal Crafty Sparkles. This glitter has a little red shade to it and looks beautiful with the burgundy cardstock.

Shannan's glitter dots are so cute on her card, but not having any, I ran a strip of burgundy cardstock through my Xyron sticker maker, punched little circles (running the strip through before punching makes it easier to control and you don't get all those trailing sticky threads) and covered them with Very Cherry Red Sparkly Fluff. The effect is fabulous - fuzzy and sparkly at the same time!


The final touch was to create a matching "ribbon". I cut a strip of cardstock, ran my trusty tracing wheel along both edges and then filled in the holes with a white pen (Inkssentials).

Many layers and lots of dimension - pure Teubner style! I love it! :o)
HB

2 comments:

Lori Craig said...

so. so. tweet. :) hugs, sweet HB. I just got some photos developed, and there is a sweet one of you and I in Chicago. that was a happy day. have a wonderful week, sweet friend.

Joy said...

Adorable! I always love your creations! :)

Can't wait to see you this weekend! :)