Wednesday, September 16, 2009

It started with this...

A long time ago I picked up some treat boxes at Michaels. They are like mini popcorn boxes, only measuring 7.5 inches high. I was digging through my ever-growing stash of items to alter and found them the other day and thought hmmmmm, what can I do with these?

So, I turned one into this:

And of course I had to make a matching one of these:


And it was all so easy peasy!

I used The Merry Days of Christmas line by My Minds Eye (don't you love when you have a whole collection that matches!) and Gingerbread Fun from Our Craft Lounge. (the links take you to Eclectic Paperie... my favorite place to shop!)

For the tag I stamped the little gingerbread boy on white cardstock, colored with Copic markers and cut him out. I stamped the circle sentiment and used a circle Nestie to die cut it. The polka dot scallop circle is also die cut with a scallop Nestie. One more layer of green and then attached to the box with a little library clip.


For the card, I stamped the larger gingerbread boy on white cardstock and die cut the circle with a Nestie. I colored him with Copic markers and then added course crystal glitter (Martha Stewart) to the head, hands and feet. It looks like course sugar IRL!

I couldn't find tissue paper that matched the deep red of the paper, so I used white and stamped the little Starlite Mint stamp all over.
It's all ready to add some yummy gingerbread cookies and give as a gift! And it's only September! wooHOOO!

Thanks for stopping by! If you are going to ScrapFest at Mall of America this weekend, be sure and stop by the Our Craft Lounge booth and say HI!

HB

3 comments:

Kendra said...

HOW ADORABLE!!! Great job HB!

Chris M. said...

A Fabulous combo! Have fun this weekend - I'm envious!!!!

Vicki Chrisman said...

Oh ..what darling projects HB!
I was so glad to get to see you and give you a hug..even if it was brief!