Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Aloha Kona!

I am SO excited! This is Retreat Week! A bunch of girlfriends from around the country get together at a retreat center in the middle of an apple orchard in Wisconsin for 4 days! OMGosh you cannot believe how much fun this is. We stamp, laugh, talk smart and eat for 4 days! Of course, I should be packing... Instead, I thought I'd post a quick card. :o)

I found this paper at Archivers (Mango Luau Slang by BoBunny) and knew instantly I had to have it to go with the Hangin' Loose with Kona set (Our Craft Lounge sold exclusively at Eclectic Paperie)

I just love to color this little guy! I used Copic markers for the image and the Copic Airbrush System to airbrush the sand and sky.

I cut the sentiment out with an oval Nestie. I wanted an edge, but didn't want to layer (ok... it's really cuz I didn't have any orange cardstock that matched). So, I cut another oval, same size, and tripped it down just a tich. I put just a tiny tiny bit of repositionable tape on the mask and laid it over the sentiment. Then, using the airbrush, I sprayed the matching Copic orange that I used on the surfboard. Perfect frame! I used a shade darker orange to ever-so-carefully run the chisel tip around the edge. waaaLA! The center of the flowers are highlighted with an orange Spica glitter pen.

Ok. Enough stalling. I need to figure out what I'm taking so I don't pack the whole room! See you in a few!
HB

2 comments:

Vicki Chrisman said...

Oh.. come over and teach me to color like you....pleeeeaaaassse!!

Denise said...

This card is so cute!! Love the image & paper.