Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The amazing Ms. Vic!

A year or so ago (maybe 2? time just flies by lately) I was blog hopping and happened upon Lisa Strahl's blog. She had a link to this amazing blog called *This art that makes me happy!* I was so totally blown away by the phenomenal artwork! It soon became my first stop with my morning coffee.

After months of bruising (from falling off my chair after seeing the what this woman creates), I sent her an email telling her how much I loved her art! That was the start of a wonderful friendship with Ms. Vicki Chrisman.

So last week Vicki posts a challenge on her blog. She says she is going to send an envelope of items to the first 10 (ended up being 20) who sign up. I got in on the challenge and when I got my envelope I thought *OMWORD! What am I gonna do? YIKES!

There was 3 pieces of cardstock/paper, a white base card, a piece of ribbon, rickrack and lace along with 3 buttons and 2 brads. The image, called Bunny Love, is adorable! All the cardstock/paper and the image are Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage. The image is from the Seasonal Booklet.

So here is what I created. The backside of one of the sheets of paper has a gorgeous vintage flower pattern, so I cut out one of the flower bouquets, covered it in Crackle Accent and that became my bow (on the right). The button looked so lonely at the top, so I stitched the lace with a running stitch, pulled it tight and made a flower. Between the button and the lace is a circle of the vintage flower paper covered in Matte Accent.

This was so much fun! Thanks Vic!

Be sure and visit Vicki's blog to see what everyone else created.


Supplies
All paper/cardstock and image by Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage
Ink: Ranger Crackle Accents and Matte Accents, Tim Holtz Distressing Inks in Brushed Corduroy and Antique Linen
Misc: sewing machine, needle & thread

9 comments:

Shawn said...

Your card is gorgeous Carol :) Thanks for the nice comment too!

Shannan Teubner said...

Just gorgeous, Chickie!

CreativeMish said...

great card! I love the little lace bloom!

Amy said...

Just fabulous! Love it! Off to explore the rest of your blog now; so much fun to find new work that you really like!

Jessrose21 said...

I'm loving that lace flower! How creative! Your card is gorgeous and has great details such as the strip of dp cut to look like a ribbon as well as the bow cut out of the dp. I've always admired your cards on Splitcoast Stampers, so I'm pleased to have found your blog this way!

stampqueen said...

I love how you put the lace aroung the button - gonna have to try that :)!!! Great card!!!
Tera

Heather McNally and Melissa MacDonald said...

*thud* HB - this is INCREDIBLE!!!!!! Truly INCREDIBLE!!!!!!! That lace flower - WOW!

Vicki Chrisman said...

Oh Sweet HB... your friendship is a blessing to me! SO so glad our lives crossed paths!
Sweet Sweet Card!!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic card, HB!
Hugs and smiles