Sunday, November 28, 2010

Caramel Apple Cheesecake

Hey all! The Thanksgiving holiday festivities are winding down around here. Ours was actually pretty relaxed and easy-going and it was nice to take a moment and reflect on the many, many blessings in our lives.

Today we had dinner with my husband's family. He remembered to tell me I was to bring a desert as we were walking out the door to go Christmas shopping yesterday afternoon. Gotta love that man. LOL

On such short notice I had to reach for my tried and true Caramel Apple Cheesecake.



It turned out so pretty I had to take a picture! And I thought since I was teasing you with a picture I should give you the recipe. It's a keeper!

1 (21 oz) can apple pie filling
1 (9 inch) graham cracker crust
2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/4 cup Mrs. Richardson caramel ice cream topping
15 (or so) pecan halves

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Reserve 3/4 cup of apple pie filling - set aside. Spoon the remaining filling into the crust.
Beat together the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Add eggs and beat until smooth.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the center is set. Cool to room temperature.

Combine the reserve pie filling and caramel topping in a small saucepan. Heat for about 1 minute. Spoon the mixture over the top, arranging the apple slices around the center.

Lay the pecan halves around the apples. Chop the remaining halves and sprinkle in the center.

Refrigerate until ready to serve. YUM!

Now we're off and running towards Christmas!
Are you ready?
HB

No comments: