Sunday, February 8, 2009

Birthday wishes

I needed a birthday card for a friend at work and as I looked at my stamps, this Whipper Snapper one had worked it's way to the top. I almost bypassed it because I tend to think of it as a Fall stamp. Don't know why, I probably just have always used it with Fall papers and colors.

Well, no more!

I still had this new Making Memories paper on my table that I just bought, so I pulled the colors from it. The large peach flower is stamped a second time on scratch paper, cut out and attached with foam tape. It's hard to see in the pic, but there are little touches of yellow Stickles on the center of each of the flowers.

The tag, which I airbrushed with a Copic marker to give it some color, is tied to a button, which is attached to the ribbon tag with a glue dot.


The finished card is 5x5. I just love that size! It allows the beautiful paper to show when using a larger image.
It's a beautiful, sunny day in MN! I hope the sun is shining on YOU today!
HB

Supplies
Stamps: Whipper Snapper Designes, Papertrey Ink
Paper: SU!, Choice Snow White (Taylored Expressions), Prism
Ink: Copic markers, Memento
Misc: Nestabilities, Copic Airbrush System, Fiskars border punch, Stickles, ribbon (Taylored Expressions), button (Autumn Leaves), tracing wheel, embroidery floss

3 comments:

Jeanette - said...

This is beautiful!!! So soft and springy :)

Vicki Chrisman said...

HOLY COW... this is SO beautiful HB!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my WORD! This is sooooooo pretty! I love the colors and the one popped up bloom. Wow! The stamp is awesome and the papers so fresh. Your card design is beautiful. I just LOVE your card!!!