Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas Everyone!

It was a beautiful, low key Christmas at our house! I love when the true meaning of this season outshines massive amounts of stress and spending.

I have a couple of Christmasy items to show you before the holiday is officially over. The first is an altered BEANO card. My friend Lisa Zappa had some of these cards (she tells me they were called BEANO cards back in the day before they were BINGO cards 'cuz people used beans to mark their numbers!) and she's been giving them to her friends asking if they would decorate it for her BEANO Christmas tree.

Now, if you know Lisa, you know she is the Queen of Shabby so I knew I needed to do something special. I found this delicious paper (Wassail by Basic Grey) and made a little chipboard house. The trees are cut from the Tree Lot paper. It has little triangles of different patterns all over it. I found the adorable cat charm at JoAnn Fabrics and since her cats are good friends of mine :o) I knew it would be perfect. I added a bling swirl for chimney smoke and a lace border and then held my breath in the hopes she would like it. She did! whew!

My other project comes in the form of holiday tags. The other managers and I at the bank I work at decided to host a Christmas pizza lunch for the staff instead of buying little gifts for everyone. I volunteered to make a little *something* for each place setting. Everyone uses sticky notes, but the bank does not supply them, so they are always in demand, and I thought they would be the perfect little gift. I made these round tags using the JustRite Christmas Ensemble for the borders (snowflakes on blue and holly on white).


I cut the tags out using the large scallop circle die (Nestabilities) and then added the centers. The snowflake tag uses a snowflake from Pine's Snowfall Additions set (Papertrey) stamped in light blue with a glittered snowflake (Martha Stewart punch) over the top. The holly tag uses a Christmas tree from a little set I found at Michael's.

I used the JustRite Brayton Font for the words on the back. I LOVE how I can create just what I want to say, without having to use the computer!



I tied the tags to a stack of sticky notes with white and red curling ribbon. They looked like little packages sitting on the tables and the staff LOVED them! As I walked the floor later that day I saw a lot of them had hung the tags on the walls of their cubes!

Well... the family is wanting to play cards so I better run! I hope your holiday was filled with peace and your new year is filled with abundant blessings!

HB

1 comment:

Lori Craig said...

OK - this card is incredible! So shabby and wonderful! Love all the super details! I'm sure that LZ will treasure this one, Carol.