Monday, February 25, 2008

Something different...

Every so often I need to change things up a bit. Switch from the traditional 4.25 x 5.5 card... from the paper background and all the ribbons and buttons and bellies to something a little more simple.

Here, I choose a 6x3 size card. Perfect fit for those *regular* envies (the kind we send bills in, except now we pay all our bills on-line, so I have TONS of these envies sitting around. lol) Instead of a gorgeous piece of paper from my stash, I used a Heidi Swapp mask with Copic markers and the airbrush system.

I started with a piece of white cardstock, laid the flower mask down and sprayed with a light blue. Then I lifted the mask and sprayed the colors I wanted for the flowers (pink, red and green). I then replaced the mask and sprayed with a darker shade of blue over the whole card. It still needed *something*, so I made a matte 1/4 inch smaller than the image and covered the edges with Glimmer Mist (it's always good to add a bit of sparkle, don't you think?). Lastly, I stamped the sentiment and added the bird.

So, there you go... something different.

Supplies:
Stamps: Impression Obsession, Inkadinkado
Heidi Swapp mask
Ink: Palette Noir, Copic markers, Glimmer Mist

7 comments:

Angela said...

WOWZERS! You are a *MASTER* at the airbrush system HB!

Lana said...

Hb-this card is AMAZING! You are amazing!

Shabbychick Junk said...

GEEZ ALMIGHTY! YOU ARE FREAKING ME OUT HERE WITH YOUR EYE CANDY! I DO *NOT* NEED TO BLOW MYSELF UP WITH AN AIR COMPRESSOR! STOP IT! JUST STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!

Jacynthe said...

Gorgeous card! Love your blog! Adding it to my favourites!

Chris M. said...

Fabulous Card!!! What a great way to start my day - thanks for posting!

eclectic_Paperie said...

Spectacular! You are becoming the mask-guru!

Joy said...

HOLY ***T! WOW!!!!!! HB, you blow me away! I looooooooooooove it!