Sunday, April 28, 2013

Same but Different

 
I have a couple of "same but different" cards to share with you today using the new Best Mom Ever set from Simon Says Stamp. 
 
For this one, I stamped and colored the rose three times so I could layer the center.  Before attaching each layer, I added a bit of rock candy Stickles.  So sparklie!  The square is a piece of balsa wood die cut with a square Nestabilities die.  Sentiment is PTI.
 
 
 
For the next card, I used the same paper but the smaller rose from the set.  The sentiment is from Life is Short (TAWS).   The square yellow/green piece of card stock is embossed with Sunrise impression plate (PTI) and a gold metallic pen finished the edge, along with the edge of the circle, 

 
The paper is Antique Chic (We R).  You can click on the images for more detail.
 
Thanks for stopping by!
HB

3 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

the balsa is a neat embellishment! love the roses, too, hb:)

Leslie Miller said...

Holy cow, Carol, you've been busy since my last visit. These are beautiful cards with a touch of sweetness. I get a real kick out of seeing what you stamp, and I don't want to miss anymore, so I subscribed. Do you realize how many people don't offer email subscriptions on their blogs? Following on Google doesn't work for me because I have to actually remember to check it. By the time I do I'm so far behind. Anyway, you're such a nice person and I'm so glad I got to meet you in Chicago. Looking forward to seeing all your posts in my inbox from now on.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Beautiful cards, Carol!