Sunday, May 20, 2012

Revisiting Vellum

Look at this - 2 posts in one weekend! LOL

It's our wedding anniversary this weekend so I didn't have a whole lot of time to play, but I did make one card.  I was inspired by Friday's Free For All challenge over on SCS to use vellum.  I love vellum, but it's one of those "old" things that doesn't get much use. 

I stamped the flower bouquet (Hero Arts) on white cardstock and colored with Copics.  Then I stamped it again on vellum and embossed with clear EP.  I colored only certain flowers on the back-side and cut each out.


 The vellum flowers are attached only at the center and the petals are curled up to look all fluffy.  Each vellum flower has a black Viva Pearl dot in the center.  A couple little vellum butterflies (Martha Stewart punch) are added in the corners.



The sketch for the card is from Retro Sketches #11.

I hope you had a fabulous weekend!
HB

3 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Sooooooooo pretty, HB!

farmhouse-story said...

happy memorial day, hb:) thanks for visitng!!

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! This is an awesome use of vellum! What a great card!