Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Hello!

Do you ever buy paper for a specific holiday, thinking you are going to make all kinds of cards for family and friends? And then the holiday comes and goes and you didn't use even half of all the cute papers you bought? Best laid plans... right?

That's what I did for Valentine's Day this year. Since I didn't get any (yes, I said any, as in none, notta, not a one) Christmas cards mailed this year, I thought I would send Vday cards. Well... February wasn't any less busy than December, so now I have all this cute heart paper.

Good thing is... hearts are good all year long! :o)

I love this little friend tree (Hero Arts)! I stamped it on ivory cardstock, cut it out and then gave it a green hue with my Copic Airbrush. I stamped it again on pink paper, cut out the word HELLO, and attached it with a little foam tape.

Don't you just love that plump little bird! LOL! I love birds. A couple glitterfied hearts in the corner and I now have a stack (albeit small stack) of cards to fill with hugs and put in the mail. You don't think they'll mind getting hearts in March, do you?

Thanks for stopping by!
HB

5 comments:

Denise said...

Very creative. I love it, so pretty.

Debbi T said...

You knock my socks off, Missy!
Paper Genius, you are.

MaGoooo said...

GREAT use of that cardstock! Miss the days of shopping with you Sweetie!!

MichelleY said...

HB....you crack me up! I think your Valentine cards are WONDERFUL! LOVE the layout and cute stamps.

PS....I didn't get a Christmas card sent either....in fact, I told myself I would send out V-day cards this year and that didn't happen either. I'm so happy to hear I'm not alone!

Bevie Pearl said...

I love the word hugs in your paper. I need an HB hug.