Sunday, September 21, 2008

oooo' icing!

Who doesn't love icing? Especially glitterfied icing! lol



I adore these little cupcakes from the Merry Muffin set by Stampendous! For this card I used paper from a DCWV paper pack called Nana's Nursery. The top piece of the card has sparklie cherries all over it. :o)

I paper pieced the cupcake holders and used Liquid Pearls to create the frosting. It's just thick enough to build up texture. I added a sprinkle of glitter before it dried. The critters are colored with Copic markers.

Because I have limited supplies (you remember, the whole moving thing), I didn't have any pink cardstock to match the paper. The central image just screamed for a color border! What's a girl to do??? Reach for the Copic markers, of course. I cut a mat out of white cardstock and colored the edge of it with R22 Light Prawn, but finding it too bright, I colored over it with RV11 Pink. It matched perfectly! Man, I love those markers! I finished it off with a white scallop border.




The sentiment is stamped on white cardstock after cutting and embossing the circle using a round Nestability. I ran a glue pen around the edge and sprinkled on some deliciously pink glitter.



The Merry Muffin set is available exclusively at Eclectic Paperie! I just have to give the store a shameless plug because those girls (Joy & Daisy) are just the best enablers to my addiction!
Go look! You'll see what I mean!!!


Thanks for stopping by!
HB

Supplies
Stamps: Merry Muffins (Stampendous)*
Paper: Nana's Nursery (DCWV), Neenah
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)*, Copic markers*
Misc: White Opal Liquid Pearls*, ultra fine glitter*, pink glitter (Making Memories), Nestabilities

* all items with an asterisk are available at Eclectic Paperie

7 comments:

Stefanie Staniak said...

So very cute !!

Bevie Pearl said...

Hey HB.......that is you and me in the cupcakes chatting and having a few good laughs. I love it when you post a new card for our stamping pleasure!

Denise said...

So cute, those cupcakes look edible!

Chris M. said...

So Sweet!!!! You make them look so delicious!!!! Hmm.....now I'm craving cupcakes! Might have to make some for an afterschool snack!

Catherine said...

oh i love how you added sparkles on your sentiment also...too cute. and i just love this image, they're just adorable...cute card btw =)

Cindy Lyles said...

me! me!! I LOVE icing!!! Tell Bevie it's you and me talking on the cuppiecakes!! LOL!! Absolutely adorable HB!!!

Anonymous said...

ooooooooohhhhhhh I just love this!!! This is just soooo cute!!!